The Memorial Day Foundation, Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors. We may collect personal data about donors for a number of reasons:
- To administer and maintain accounts relating to donations
- To facilitate fundraising
- To communicate with donors and prospective donors concerning the Foundation and Foundation programs and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Such personal information may include: name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number when a donor voluntarily provides it to the Foundation. In addition, The Memorial Day Foundation keeps a record of each donor's giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used by the Foundation to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make more accurate budget projections.
Recognition and Reporting
Where appropriate, and with the knowledge and consent of the donor, the Foundation may publicly recognize the receipt and purpose of an individual gift. However, unless desired by the donor, the Foundation will not disclose the amount of such gifts, except where required by law. Data on donors and donation amounts may be aggregated and void of identifying information for reporting purposes without the explicit consent of the donors. The Foundation may compile an Annual Report every year and list donors in giving categories. Donors may contact the Foundation’s development office to have their name removed from publications, such as an Annual Report.
Protocols are in place to safeguard donor information, including:
- Physical measures, including locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices
- Limiting access on a “need to know” basis
- Technological measures, such as the use of passwords for database access and encryption for online giving
- A records retention policy.
The Memorial Day Foundation does not sell or trade donor’s personal information, nor does the Foundation send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. Individual records are kept only as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they were collected and to comply with applicable laws.
For inquiries, please contact:
The Memorial Day Foundation
33 Orient Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211